SOLVED

Move-CsUser : Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Brass Contributor

Trying to move on-premises users to online and keep getting the error "Move-CsUser : Index was outside the bounds of the array." right after "VERBOSE: Validating user [sip:user@contoso.com] online, for on premises to online move."

The user was licensed for Skype4B Online yesterday and MSCOSTANDARD has a status of "PendingInput."

I'm specifying the identity, the target, the credentials, the hostedmigrationoverrideurl, and the proxypool.

This same command worked the other day.

I also can't move users in the CSCP using the tenant admin account (which has worked in the past).

Any ideas?

4 Replies

Looks like it was timing.

For some reason, it tooks two and a half days after licensing the accounts, but they moved fine this weekend with no complaints.

Looks like I'll be licensing folks well in advance of moving them instead of the day before!

Thanks for the help, Alexander!

I have also seen this. First we tried the licensing issue, just waiting. For some it works, and some it did not works.

What I did and what we found out is that there was an schema sync issue for Azure AD. So we upgraded the sync server to latest version, then we ran a manual sync of the schema out to Azure AD and then it worked like a charm.

/Kai

@Kirk Francis wrote:

Looks like it was timing.

For some reason, it tooks two and a half days after licensing the accounts, but they moved fine this weekend with no complaints.

Looks like I'll be licensing folks well in advance of moving them instead of the day before!

Thanks for the help, Alexander!

Another thing I haven't seen mentioned is to check your Skype for Business Hybrid config.
My issue was fixed by running:
> Set-CsTenantFederationConfiguration -SharedSipAddressSpace $true

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/hybrid/configure-federation-with-skype-for-busines...
1 best response