SOLVED

Migrate to O365 from resource forest?

Copper Contributor

I have to migrate users from a resource forest (hosted by third-party) to Skype for Business Online.

Once the users have been synced to O365, and SfB-enabled, will a simple export and import of csuserdata be the best way of recreating their accounts?

Thanks, grahame

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Grahame Ash (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Not what you'll want to hear, but there is no import of csuserdata into Skype for Business Online. I have written a script that at the user level can export their contacts before the migration and after the migration they can import them: http://realtimeuc.com/2016/10/invoke-sfbcontacts/

A client of mine had taken the csuserdata xml and scripted the generation of the required import files that my script uses. The import would be a csv file that has three columns (Group, Key, SIP), the Key is basically the Group and the sip address together.

For scheduled meetings you have:

Many thanks, Michael, that's very helpful (if not especially encouraging).

I'll give your script a look, though I'm not sure our users will be up to running it.

I suspect the migration tool and service are not going to work for us, as we will not have access to the on-prem (resource) forest, and the O365 forest simultaneously.

The Meeting Migration Service and Meeting Migration Tool work on the Exchange side after the migration, so no need to connect to the resource forest of SFB.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Grahame Ash (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Not what you'll want to hear, but there is no import of csuserdata into Skype for Business Online. I have written a script that at the user level can export their contacts before the migration and after the migration they can import them: http://realtimeuc.com/2016/10/invoke-sfbcontacts/

A client of mine had taken the csuserdata xml and scripted the generation of the required import files that my script uses. The import would be a csv file that has three columns (Group, Key, SIP), the Key is basically the Group and the sip address together.

For scheduled meetings you have:

View solution in original post