Managing a call within SFB Android App and a Microsoft Lync Phone

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

We're deploying for the first time SFB Edge Server in our infrastructure and We want to start using Mobility features. We use a F5 as a reverse-proxy, using the iApp for that.

We manage to make it work without any problems. We can IM or make a video call within a SFB Android App, and someone in our local network. Works flawless.

In our office we also have Ms Lync Phones that work flawless with SFB.

The problem starts when we want to make a call within a user using SFB Android App and a user using a Lync phone in our office.

We start the call, the destination phone rings, but when we answer the call, we cant hear anything and then the call ends.

When the call is answer, we see traffic from the smartphone using SFB Android App trying to reach the internal ip address of the Ms Lync Phone. And there is when I'm lost.

If I'm on the street using a 4G connection, and I make a call to a coworker and he answer it with his IP Phone, there's no way that my smartphone can reach the internal ip address of the ip phone.

Am I missing any configuration?

I think that traffic must flow trow the edge server and the edge server deliver the audio to the ip phone or something like that.

Thanks in advance!

0 Replies