Duplicate Contacts in Skype for Business 2016 but not in Outlook Address Book

Copper Contributor

Hi, would like to check if anyone of you guys have experienced this behaviour and probably could advise for a solution.

Within Skype for Business 2016 (search for Name or Email Address), when I do a search for one of my colleague within the organization.. it shows 2 contact information for the person I searched (duplicated). the only difference is that the other contact shows as Offline Messages Only. Please note that this duplicate contact is only present in Skype for Business. Within Outlook, it only shows as one contact. Also please note that this only happen for this particular person and the rest of staff are working perfectly.

where do you think the issue lies? is it on the backend servers or the client (workstation of the person having duplicated contacts)?

4 Replies
I've moved your question to the Skype for Business community for better visibility.

If one of your colleagues searches for that same person on their machine / client, do they also receive two results? This would determine whether the problem is local to yourself (i.e. profile, cache, outlook contact configuration related), and answer your final question as well as saving a great deal of time troubleshooting, let us know...

Kind regards
Ben

Thanks Ben for the response and to answer your queries;

If one of your colleagues searches for that same person on their machine / client, do they also receive two results? YES

My other colleague and myself did the search for that same person and the result was the same -> two contacts came up. I checked through outlook address book (all contacts, offline contacts, gal and the rest) all only shows one contact for that person but with SFB, there are two contacts being shown.

Did you ever found a solution for this? We have the same issue.

Some accounts appear twice in SfB but nowhere else.

And it is not only om my PC. This is for everyone that searches for that user.