SOLVED

Cloud PBX Enhancements

Copper Contributor

I'm certain that this question gets asked a lot, but I didn't see anything specific around here, so I thought I would start the discussion.

What are the plans for enhancements to Cloud PBX, right now a lot of customers and partners are seeing a number of blockers in the solution and things have been pretty quiet around what's coming and more specifically, when it's coming.

10 Replies

Also interested to hear this.  We are poised to do a VOIP / Virtual PBX project here and would like to know what Microsoft's plans are for the near term to inform that process.  Right now the features and roadmap are very cloudy forcing us to look at other vendors for a solution "integrated" in O365 / S4B.  Any guidance from Microsoft here?

best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Definitely.  There's a ton coming up for Cloud PBX in the coming year that we document in our NDA roadmap (a presentation available from MIcrosoft employees to customers under NDA).  Probably the biggest work upcoming is Hunt Groups & Organizational Auto-Attendant, which is planned to get into preview in the coming months.

How can we get/sign the NDA to get more information on this?

thx!

paul

pheitmeyer@imagetag.com

We actually talked a bunch about Auto Attendant and Call Queues in our most recent Skype video broadcast - you can find it at http://aka.ms/sfbcastpast

Two questions:

I'd sign up for the AA and CQ preview today if it will support the following scenario:

The organization I work for likes to have a real voice (person) answer the main phone number during regular business hours, will it be possible to have an AA pickup a call after x seconds if the operator is unable to answer or does AA always answer immediately?

Historically speaking, how long are Skype Preview's in preview before going GA? Do you find it's a couple months, less than six months or more than six months? I know and greatly appreciate there's no time lines for going GA from preview and you're focused on quality but I suspect there's been an resemblance of a pattern historically.

I've been looking for the same thing, ideally a basic roadmap of features (that could be elaborated on with limitations etc) and timescales would be perfect.

Sorry for the delay in reply.  This is something that can be configured - essentially your admin takes the call first and then if that call doesn't complete (after hours, they're busy, etc.) it can be forwarded to the audo-attendant. 

We desperately want the "Call Parking" feature to be added to the Cloud PBX. Being able to put a call on hold in one section of our warehouse and picking it up at any other stationg without having to transfer directly is one of the biggest things we lost after switching to Skype and Cloud PBX.  Another nice addition to the PBX would be a simple method of having our main phone number show as the Caller ID for all outbound calls.  

we liked to migrate to cloud PBX how we can check what will be the cost

Is there a link to the roadmap if we have an executed NDA?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Definitely.  There's a ton coming up for Cloud PBX in the coming year that we document in our NDA roadmap (a presentation available from MIcrosoft employees to customers under NDA).  Probably the biggest work upcoming is Hunt Groups & Organizational Auto-Attendant, which is planned to get into preview in the coming months.

View solution in original post