SOLVED

Change Cloud PBX User Number to Service Number

Brass Contributor

Was anyone sucessful in converting a user number into a service number in Cloud PBX in North America? Support told me to port the number out and back in again as a service number.  When AA and Call queues were in preivew this was possable, but not since these features are generally avalable.

23 Replies
HI Clayton, Per my understanding this is still possible, Do you happen to have the support ticket number that you created? i can look to see what happened with it.
The ticket number is 30126-5636354.
Any Update?
Hi Jay

We do have an option to submit an internal request to our Number porting team that may allow converting a user number already owned by MSFT into a service number. There may ne corner cases where this may not be possible but that is difficult to determine upfront.

In your case i am not sure if we tried to go through this process, it seems to me that we did not. I am seeing that you may have worked with Seth Drake but I unfortunately do not have access or ability to check the case you provided or work on it as that case was created using a different ticketing system which is not used by Me and my team.

What i would suggest you is if you can open up a new case again and when you have a support engineer available to work with you please loop me in on your email thread with the engineer and ill work with him to get this to the right place.
A QQ, the number and tenant that you are using is that North America or EMEA?

I have another support case open now: 30126-5654408
The Tenant is in North America.
They just responded:
Unfortunately option of converting an existing user number to a service number is no longer available. However you have following options:
1) Port +1 717-xxx-xxxx user number away from Microsoft and then port it back as a service number.

2) You can get a new service number, here is a link to help you learn more about getting new service numbers:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Getting-Skype-for-Business-service-phone-numbers-e434aeb2-a...
( Scroll down to get new service numbers)

I just sent you a Private message with my contact info, would it be possible for you to loop me in the email you have with the support engineer please?
I just responded to your email, I'm looking to chat with the support engineer working with you to see whats going on.
Thank you for your patience.

@Corbin Meek for visibility -

best response confirmed by Corbin Meek (Microsoft)
Solution
Thank you for you assistance! MS support was able to convert this user number to a service number.

@Mohammed Anas Shaikh, is this possible in the UK too? I need to convert an existing User Number to Service Number for use with Auto Attendant. Thanks

Hi Jon, Per my knowledge this unfortunately is ONLY available in North America tenants and not for EMEA. you may have to port the number out and then back in.
Hi Jon We have some new update now, It is now possible to have User numbers converted to Service Numbers in EMEA as well. there maybe scenarios where it may still not be possible but overall we now have a process to achieve this. So if you are still looking to have this done, you can open a support ticket for it. If you don't get anywhere please let me know.

Mohammed,

I have found myself in a similar situation. We have ported all of our numbers over to Skype online only to discover that our main number is now a user number and not a service number, and that we cannot use it for our auto-attendant. I called support and they said that they couldn't do anything for us. Can you see if you can make the same switch for us? Our Ticket # is 30126-5877136.

Thanks!

Hi Micheal I have sent your Case details to the Needed Contacts in the Support Team, I am expecting them to reach out to you. If you do not hear back, please let me know here and ill follow up again.
Excellent! Thank you!

Mohammed,

It has been about a week and I have not heard from anyone yet. Thanks!

~ Mike

Have you been contacted by the Support team yet?

No. But, I got in touch with the Number Porting Team and they got it converted. Thanks for the help!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Corbin Meek (Microsoft)
Solution
Thank you for you assistance! MS support was able to convert this user number to a service number.

View solution in original post