CQD as Troubleshooting tool??

Copper Contributor

Just wanted to get some feedback from people using CQD or perhaps simply have knowledge on it...

We are considering Riverbed UC Expert but Senior Mgt. has asked whether or not we could gain anything from a proactive monitoring/Troubleshooting and remediation via CQD (in place of Riverbed).

From what I can see it's only useful as a historical reporting tool to understand how your different media streams are performing.

So the questions are:

1) Can CQD be setup for proactive alerts of poor call quality? If so, can they be sent in real-time while the call is ongoing (video session/application sharing as well)?

2) Can we see top Users for different forms of media? Basically use it as an Adoption trending tool to understand whom is using it and who is not

3) Does CQD provide a session path including which L3 devices it's traversin through? Basically a map for us to isolate which L3 device is potentially dropping packets...

Thanks in advance!

10 Replies

1. No, there's no alerting. You have to view the portal.

2. Not using CQD, but you can using the Office 365 Content Adoption Pack.

3. No, you get data as reported from both ends of the connection, including a traceroute, but there isn't any data collected from along the route.

CQD is a brillian tool to use alongside other tools to diagnose your skype service, based on real telemetry from the skype client. SoF recommends you also need a network diabnostics tool.

To be honest, I'm not answering any of your questions but I'm still going to reply. :) For troubleshooting Skype for Business audio quality issues, we have this excellent tool called Call Analytics. It can be used to determine if user has used integrated microphone, if there has there been jitter or packet drop etc. More about Skype for Business Call Analytics and how to enable it can be found here:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-for-Business-Blog/Introducing-Call-Analytics/ba-p/57309

Oh wait, I kind of have an answer for your 3rd question. Call Analytics can be used to see traceroute / path per session.

But only for SfB online....

Ah, good point! Forgot to mention that, thanks!

CQD is a great tool. but will allow you to see a behavior analytic. it won’t allow you to go and drill down to a specific call . allow you to filter and isolate epidemic.

It is not predictive. or real time. it will not allow you to identify issue in real time, and fix.

It is a good toll to use with other tools.

Any other suggestions for a troubleshooting tool aside Prognosis? Eventzeros UC Commander is aquiered by Microsoft that was the other tool i was known off.

Greets

Jörg

What I think is that Real-time statistics manager would do the trick for you. At least for some parts. It has some nice graphs and displays data in real time

image32

Pretty slick - Does this work for Prem based though?

Riverbed's UC Expert is phenomenal - I would highly recommend engaging them for a demo.

In conjunction with their Netflow tool it's extremely powerful - Best one on market.

Yes, it does. I have it running in a company I work for.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49491