Advanced setup of polls in a Skype for Business meeting

Brass Contributor

Hi,

Can anyone point to documentation that speaks to how far in advance someone could setup a poll in a meeting?  I see documentation on the contentment retention after a meeting, but nothing that states how far in advance you can preload content.

I have a customer that wants to load up a poll in a meeting so it is ready for her when the meeting starts.  Thanks in advance.

Joe Cistaro

8 Replies
I tend to load up my meetings with relevant content (ie. presentation files, attachments, polls, etc.) whenever I feel like it beforehand.
Realistically when the meeting is booked the virtual space is created, so between that point of creation and the meeting actually starting you can pre-load content.
My recommendation is to do it at least an hour beforehand for slides as sometimes they can get stuck if the deck is large, but other than that it's completely up to you.

Joe as the person stated you need to start the meeting prior to the meeting start time and add them.

1. Start your meeting.
  2. Click on Share Content
  3. Click More
  4. Choose Poll
  5. Create your poll
  6. Close poll under poll actions
  7. Repeat for other polls.

When you actual meeting occurs:

1. Click on share content
  2. Manage Content
  3. Choose the poll you want to display
  4. Click on Start Sharing this Content
  5. Open Poll.

Can one then one question be added to a poll?

Restating my question, Can more than one question be added to a poll?

You can add multiple Polls / Whiteboards to a meeting. In the Manage Content menu you can even name them to make them easier to identify. 

Hi, 

Can anyone let me know how can I set a question with multiple-choices with Poll Question option on a meeting?

Thanks

I have read several posts, but not seen a response to whether you can create polls prior to a skype meeting and load them in managed content field.??

@Sue_Murley 

I reviewed prior posts, but have not seen a response to this question. Is it possible to set up a poll in Skype for Business that permits audience members to select more than one response?

Thank you in advance for your assistance