General Mail Failure when trying to share as pdf in Excel 2013

Copper Contributor

Hello

Can anyone help to resolve this issue?

We can still successfully email files in xlsx format. I can still save as pdf. The only problem is to share as pdf from Excel ( it works in Word)

We have Excel 2013 installed on Windows 10.

I have already tried:

checking that Outlook 2013 is default

reinstalling Office 

restore point to the date when everything worked was corrupted and was deleted by the system

running Mapifix

7 Replies

Uninstall KB3128008, then hope Microsoft admits to their mistake.

Hello

My system is under windows 7

I have the same malfunction on my post with OFFICE 2013. the update KB3128008 is not installed on my workstation.

In parallel I had the same thing on a post under OFFICE 2010 equally under Windows 7.
I activated the application of the security parameters of the macros to the installed add-ins, in the center of management of the confidentiality.
Without changing the macro settings and it works. But not on OFFICE 2013

Hi folks,

Sorry you're running into this, and thank you for reporting the issue.

A fix is in the works. For more information, see After Excel 2013 update, Send as PDF and Send as XPS commands no longer work. We will keep this documetnation updated.

Anneliese

Office Newsroom

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/After-Excel-2013-update-Send-as-PDF-and-Send-as-XPS-command...

Solution :

First disable auto update in any office program (file > account)

64BIT VERSION

CMD

CD C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\ClientX64

OfficeC2RClient.exe /update user updatetoversion=15.0.4875.1001

wait and let office roll back to above version and thats it :) 

Ketan,

This has been driving me nuts for weeks. Thank you.

Hi everyone,

The fix for the Send as PDF/XPS issue has released today. MSI customers can get the fix from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3141475.

The fix is also in the 15.0.4893.1002 Click-to-Run build, which deployed today. In this case, you can either wait until prompted to update, or go to File > Office Account > Update Options > Update Now.

Thanks for your patience here!