SOLVED

top navigation menu in Communication site shows different version for different users

Copper Contributor

Hi

I have changed names and links for the top navigation menu in my communication site, and have some other users that contribute to content that see the old names and links in the top navnigation menu. Other users are getting the updated names and links. Why does users see different versions and where do I fix it so all see the latest? 

5 Replies
It's cache. Usually a refresh / closing browsers out and opening will update it.
Yes, I thought of that, but it did not help to refresh, restart browser or even use a different browser? Any other suggestions?
best response confirmed by skjoling (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Are you sure it saved still for you? I used to have this issue where I would click save, but go back and it actually wouldn't save. I had to delete links and create them from scratch for the menu edits to actually take hold. I would maybe try that. Delete and recreate the section / link (not all of them), hopefully it's not a ton, but I would try that, or if it's one, delete and save, then create. It was buggy.
Yes, I did try to rename the link that did not work a few times without solving the question. It is only a few menu objects that are problematic. The strange thing is that other users actually see my last changes but some don’t. I will try as you suggest to remove the menu object and create them again to see if that work. Good input.

Removing the menu items that were showing old names for some users and recreating them solved the problem.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by skjoling (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Are you sure it saved still for you? I used to have this issue where I would click save, but go back and it actually wouldn't save. I had to delete links and create them from scratch for the menu edits to actually take hold. I would maybe try that. Delete and recreate the section / link (not all of them), hopefully it's not a ton, but I would try that, or if it's one, delete and save, then create. It was buggy.

View solution in original post