SOLVED

is "Mobile Browser View" site feature become unnecessary with modern UI and modern sharepoint sites

Steel Contributor

When we use to work with on-premises team sites and online classic team sites,the "Mobile Browser View" site feature was essential part to access sharepoint sites using mobile browsers. but recently i have noted that modern UI, even inside classic team sites, works well on mobile devices even if we disable the "Mobile Browser View" site feature . also i have noted that when we create a new sharepoint modern team sites and modern communication sites, the "Mobile Browser View" site feature  will be disabled by defualt. so can i conclude that with the introduction of modern UI (new experience) then the "Mobile Browser View" site feature is not longer necessary to access sharepoint sites on mobile devices? also I have noted that if we have modern Embed web parts inside our modern pages, then these Embed web parts are not going to work on mobile browsers if the "Mobile Browser View" site feature  is enabled, so i always disable this site feature!!

1 Reply
best response confirmed by john john (Steel Contributor)
Solution
Correct, modern SPO sites are mobile ready and additionally to this, you have the SharePoint App so the Mobile View it might be only required for classic SPO sites
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by john john (Steel Contributor)
Solution
Correct, modern SPO sites are mobile ready and additionally to this, you have the SharePoint App so the Mobile View it might be only required for classic SPO sites

View solution in original post