SOLVED

how to lock certain column in modern list?

Iron Contributor

I want to create approval flow from modern list. With Flow app, every step is very easy to understand, so there were no problem creating one. Thanks, it is a great job MS.

But one thing I cannot figure out is to set an item's status by approval.

From below link, it says I have to create "approval status" column with y/n option.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/modern-approvals

I can do that, but the problem is, users can change that status by them selves. 

Is there any way to lock this column, and only changeable by system or admin?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by 주현 김 (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Currently no, you could use content types and hide the column thru absurity but it's not secure and some smart folk could work around it but it's an option. Eventually they are adding the true approval flow using the SharePoint built in approval processes / rules, I think it's coming up this quarter or next, but should be before to long you'll be able to use that mechnism and then only items can be approved by the flow, or admins of the list.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by 주현 김 (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Currently no, you could use content types and hide the column thru absurity but it's not secure and some smart folk could work around it but it's an option. Eventually they are adding the true approval flow using the SharePoint built in approval processes / rules, I think it's coming up this quarter or next, but should be before to long you'll be able to use that mechnism and then only items can be approved by the flow, or admins of the list.

View solution in original post