Workflow issue with SharePoint 2013 and Office O365

Copper Contributor

I've had problems with several workflows on a SharePoint O365 site. When I check the workflow page for an individual item the message: "Some workflows may not be shown. We were unable to reach the workflow service." I have searched the web and it seems to be a known O365 issue. Does anyone have any information concerning the issue and what the solution maybe.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

4 Replies

From the O365 Admin Center:

SP77334 - SharePoint Features - Service degradation

Service degradation - Sep 14, 2016 2:54 PM

Current Status: We've determined that reverting the update in question did not restore service; however, we're monitoring workflow queues to confirm. We're also continuing to perform a detailed analysis of system and client logs to further isolate the issue.

User Impact: Users may be unable to execute SharePoint 2013 workflows. Additionally, users may be unable to view SharePoint 2010 workflows.

Scope of Impact: A few customers have reported this issue, and our analysis indicates that this issue may potentially affect any of your users attempting to execute or view SharePoint workflows.

Start Time: Monday, September 12, 2016, at 12:56 PM UTC

Next Update by: Wednesday, September 14, 2016, at 9:00 PM UTC

Service degradation - Sep 14, 2016 1:11 PM

Current Status: Our investigation determined that a recent update may have caused the issue. We're reverting the update in an attempt to restore service.

User Impact: Users may be unable to execute SharePoint 2013 workflows. Additionally, users may be unable to view SharePoint 2010 workflows.

Scope of Impact: A few customers have reported this issue, and our analysis indicates that this issue may potentially affect any of your users attempting to execute or view SharePoint workflows.

Next Update by: Wednesday, September 14, 2016, at 7:00 PM UTC
The issue still exists, and next update is on September 15, 2016, at 6:00 PM UTC

"Extended recovery - Sep 15, 2016 6:32 AM

Current Status: Workflow queues are being processed at an increasing rate. We're monitoring the environment while the queues clear to confirm that the issue has been resolved. Once the queues have been processed, we expect workflow functionality to return to normal.

Next Update by: Thursday, September 15, 2016, at 6:00 PM UTC"

Hi

I have been able to execute my (Nintex) workflows under test until midday (GMT).   Then I can't reach them. The good thing about the cloud is we all share the fustration Smiley Sad!

Office Admin center preview - Service health

Extended recovery - 14 Sep 2016 23:32

Current Status: Workflow queues are being processed at an increasing rate. We're monitoring the environment while the queues clear to confirm that the issue has been resolved. Once the queues have been processed, we expect workflow functionality to return to normal.

Next Update by: Thursday, September 15, 2016, at 6:00 PM UTC