Which tool for communication of project status

Deleted
Not applicable

I have a kind of general question on how to communicate product status in an easy way, so that everyone will always be updated on current status of all of our projects.

We are using Yammer for communicating in a Facebook-ish way, but the posts quickly move down in the feed, and it can be difficult for stakeholders to find the posts again. We use Planner to manage all our projects and tasks, but it wouldn't make sense to give all our stakeholders access to Planner - there is just too much detail in there.

So, how do I extract the information from Planner and present it in an easily accessible way? Previously I have created newsletters and distributed by either mail or via a link in Yammer, but I would like to create something that is integrated into SharePoint.

3 Replies

Did you also look into the use of Microsoft Teams where it all can come together

I have used Teams for exactly your use case and would recommend it.

I write summary communications for project updates, so you'd probably still want to keep your updates written instead of fully automated  (though you could possibly cite Planner a bit easier given Teams is natively integrated, haven't tinkered with Planner possibilities much).

My favorite part of using Teams like that is the assurance that no one can tell me "I didn't get that update," assuming they have been told where updates are published and new posts are always in the same spot (bottom of the feed). Better yet, if you want to ensure only you or a select few are publishing project updates, the General channel in a Team can be restricted to allow only Owners to post.

I don't think Teams is the best solution for this. My target group for the communication is about 150 people.

And then there is the text itself. Previously, I have asked each of my project managers to write a status for their area - and then I had to put it all together, and attach a ppt., word or Sway to a Yammer post or an email. This means that it is mostly just text, and doesn't give our stakeholders any overview.

There must be a way to use Planner for communication - or extract info from Planner into some overview that can be shared?