Where do I find the document Templates

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

I don´t know where I can find the document templates that are added wit the +New button in modern librarys. 

I can see and use the template but my issue is that i want to manage/change them and i thought there is a "template library" or something like this in the site contents. I couldn´t find anything like this.

Is there a way to find the saved template documents?

2 Replies
Hi Yannick! Pls go Rothe Site contents of your Website (o365 gear/ Zahnrad - Websiteeinstellungen), go to the top level site. There you can create a global content type. After a named it, choose a major content type, German: Dokumentinhaltstypen, then: Dokument. Create userdefined category, just to filter it faster in the vast list of content types. Save it.

Then go Toyota doc library, go to library settings- advanced settings. First option in there you first have to switch on the content type (yes). Ok. Then backbit your lib settings you see another section about „Inhaltstypen“. Add your new content type. Click once in that hyperlink, See advanced options (erweiterte Einstellungen)- Upload your Word Template. Save it.. update your doc library. Next time you click on „New“, your brand new template appears. If you want to learn more, check a good book „SharePoint 2016 für Anwender“ by Melanie Schmidt, d.punkt Verlag. Hope that helped although I lately explored your post :face_with_rolling_eyes:, Greets, Eva

Hi Eva,

I appreciate your answer but my problem is not how to upload the templates. I wanted to create a central library where you can edit and change the templates for all Sites in the tenant. 

I had contact with the Microsoft Support but we couldn´t find a solution.

Nevertheless thank you for your explanation :)