Where are the supplementary themes in SPO

MVP

Hello,

the documentation for Sharepoint online talks about supplementary themes. Where can I find these?

And in this blog, I can see screenshots with a "Customize" link under a theme. I never see that in my Themes lists. I work with several tenants and can't find that in any of them. 

21-2.png_width=464&name=21-2

The Microsoft documentation says

In addition to the default themes, you can select from supplementary themes. The following customizations are available:

• Light themes: Gold, Teal, Dark Blue, Indigo, Plum, Warm Gray
  • Dark themes: Red, Green, Purple, Gray

... but where are they? How can they be selected??

The screenshot also shows a "Company Theme". How is that generated and accessed???

theme-defaults

Further down it says

To select from the available themes for a SharePoint site, choose the gear icon (:gear:) in the top right corner of the screen, and then select Change the look. You'll be presented with a list of themes to choose from, which might include default themes and/or custom themes depending on how your site has been configured.

"Depending how my site has been configured" .... Where? What can I configure to show these themes??

Any insights welcome.

6 Replies

@Juan Carlos González Martín thanks for your reply. On the page you link to the supplementary themes are listed as well, but, again, no mention about where to find them.

In addition to the default themes, you can select from supplementary themes. The following customizations are available:

• Light themes: Gold, Teal, Dark Blue, Indigo, Plum, Warm Gray
  • Dark themes: Red, Green, Purple, Gray

Where are these themes? They are "available", so they don't need to be created, it seems. 

@Ingeborg Hawighorst I think the documentation is very confusing. Based on my research, my best guess is the supplementary themes are the colors you can pick from the customize button. 

As you mention, the documentation states those supplementary colors are available. Those are the options you see in the customize button. Here is a picture for clarity.

ThemeColors.png

@Beau Cameron Thanks for your reply. What customize button? Where can I find that?

In the first picture you posted under SharePoint Themes, where it says "customize". That is the button.

If I read your post correctly, it sounds like that button doesn't show up under "SharePoint Themes"? Are you clicking on the new theme first? As the "customize" button only shows up when you select a new theme from Change the Look.

@Beau Cameron Gosh, you're right. This is so non-intuitive. I've wasted so much time with these themes, it's not funny.