Weird CSS on modern pages?

Silver Contributor

Anyone else seeing weird CSS formatting on modern pages?

It looks right on lists/libraries (left), by my pages are all wonky now (right).  Same thing in multiple browsers, and cache clears dont do anything about it.

menuCSSIssues.png

11 Replies
You may have the new Theme options they are pushing, check your Them on the "Change the look" option on your modern page, the update may have changed the way the menu's look as a whole, but you have more customization options now you should be able to pick another one and it may give you something you like.
Well, I don't expect the rollout of the new theming will do things without user intervention ;)

you would think :P. But you never know, it is cloud, You and I both know there are some things that just "change" :p. 

Unfortunately not.  Theming appears to be the same as always.  Plus I would kind of expect it to impact other modern elements at the same time.

Yeah I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary on my end. Anyone else in org have access to deploy stuff, maybe someone messing with your "All site collection" header / footer thing you can do stuff with now?

Where would one find the "Change the look" option?  I suspect we do not have it yet, but want to make sure.  

Does it let us change Hero web part colors?

The hero webpart doesn't have colors? If you talking about the Tiles then that is configured per tile under the photo property.

The change the look option is when you are on a modern page, the cog wheel at top right, at bottom is "Change the Look" at least it should be :P. There is a very basic version out now, but they are starting to push one that has a few more options.

In the end, I blew away the page, and recreated it and it displays fine now.

It seemed to be an issue with the 1 particular page on the site for whatever reason.

Yes, the tile colors. I do see "Change the Look" under settings, but it does not seem to have an impact on the tile color. Plus we do not need to change the entire look, just the tile colors. Hopefully it will be an option in the future. Thanks.
When you edit a cell in hero web part you can change the color of the tile under the tile settings.

Do not have that option yet.