SOLVED

View all Teams files in a SharePoint library

Copper Contributor

In the SharePoint site connected to Teams I can see all the folders created when I created the channels in Teams. On the team site I would like to make a library where my team an I can view all the files (not the folders) from alle the channels in our team. It should work like a document library with columns based on meta data, be sortable etc.

As far as I know if I make a new library I will have to put files in there - I would like SharePoint to find the files in the folders and display them. Is that even possible? 

/ole

2 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Ole_PedersenOn the SharePoint site you could just create a new view on the "Documents" library and remove the folders from the view. This would show all the files in the one view. 

You can also add meta data columns to the Documents library to categorise the files in situ. If I understand things right this would remove the need copy all the files stored in the default "documents" library to another document library. 

@Andrew Hodges Just what I needed - thank you so much :)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Ole_PedersenOn the SharePoint site you could just create a new view on the "Documents" library and remove the folders from the view. This would show all the files in the one view. 

You can also add meta data columns to the Documents library to categorise the files in situ. If I understand things right this would remove the need copy all the files stored in the default "documents" library to another document library. 

View solution in original post