Vertical Column Won't Stay On Right Side Of Page

Bronze Contributor

This started this morning. I test SPO pages on smaller monitors - my 15" monitor at 1280x1024 is common in the company.

This morning, my vertical columns disappeared. Well, they repositioned themselves nicely to the bottom of the page. But what the heck! Has anyone else seen something like this?

It happens in IE11, and all of the Edge Chromium Canary/Dev/Beta/EdgeHTML.

Chrome is the only one that is the same - shows the vertical column correctly without zooming out.

No change in my display adapter.

Win 10 was patched early yesterday morning but this was fine all day.

If I change the zoom to 90% it all looks fine.

So who's the culprit :) Windows 10? SharePoint Online rendering changes from the backend? The Edge development team? My Help Desk? Asking for a friend.... :)

2 Replies

@Robin Nilsson if you zoom out in your browser e.g. make it 75% does the problem go away? If it does then it will be the rendering for mobile devices. 

This is my desktop. 90% zoom fixes it. Mobile always shows the vertical column at the bottom-I expect that. What I don’t expect is a big change like this to happen overnight My gut feel is some small change in the modern page rendition made the page not work on these smaller monitors. The default font is the same size but it looks different, more magnified. Or more margins-playing has been added