Using 'Send By Email' to send to large numbers of people at once? (SharePoint Online)

Copper Contributor

We have a site where various pages are created that contain news articles. General users can of course just visit the site and see the news article. However, on some occasions the news might be of high importance, therefore we need to use the 'send by email' feature on the news page to make sure everyone is receiving a notification and the news.

Currently, when you select 'send by email' there is a 'To' box where you start typing a name, see it appear from the list of SharePoint users, and then select the name of the recipient. We need to be able to put several hundred people into this 'To' box without having to type each one manually.

Is there a way where if we created a list of these names you could just paste them in each time? I tried copy and pasting a list of about 5 names but it doesn't register them as individual recipients when you do this. I'm not sure if it's possible?

1 Reply
You can try:
1) Group this people in an Office 365 Group and see if the "To" field resolve is (I think so)
2) If creating an Office 365 Group is not possible, try the same with an e-mail enabled security group