Home

Upcoming SharePoint mobile beta testing

Nate Clinton
Microsoft

Upcoming SharePoint mobile beta testing

Hi all…

I’m Nate Clinton, and I’m a program manager on the SharePoint mobile engineering team. As you may have seen at the recent SharePoint conference, big things are happening in the mobile space!  We are updating the user interface to better reflect our core “user jobs”:  1) Finding content and getting answers, 2) being the place to get notified about what’s important in your SharePoint world, and 3) being the place to consume your news content.  This is a journey, but we are nearing a point at which we’ll be ready to release the first update.

To ensure we deliver the right experience for you all, we’d love to get your feedback on the beta version.  We are targeting late June to start the beta program.  If you are interested in being an early previewer of the updated SharePoint mobile app, check out the steps below.

A few logistical notes:

• The beta is primarily for SharePoint Online users at this time.  Some of these features may be coming to on-premises, but that timeline is still tbd.
  • When the first beta build is ready, you’ll be notified through the below described platform mechanisms.
  • We’ll use this community to post updates, progress reports, etc.  So be sure to check back!
  • We are still building features and fixing issues.  So things may be a bit rocky here and there 😊

Android beta testing

• Note that, until we release the beta build, you’ll continue to get the current production build via the alpha program.  We’ll let you know when the first beta build is ready!

iOS beta testing

• To test on iOS, you’ll need to use the TestFlight app.  To get started, send your email address to natec@microsoft.com.  This email address will be used by Apple to send you the invite.  From there, you can install the TestFlight app, and then our app.  The TestFlight app will let you know when there are updates.

If you are already a beta tester (from previous iOS testing), you should be good to go! 

Thanks for your help with this!  We are very excited about the changes, and we’re eager to hear your feedback.

The SharePoint mobile team

12 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Upcoming SharePoint mobile beta testing

Duly signed up for both! Looking forward to using and providing feedback.

Just signed up for the beta. Looking forward to the invite.

Could we have both current and beta app on the same device?

You should be able to, yes

signed up.

when will the first beta build be released?

We are looking at later this month. I'll post another announcement as we get close. Thanks!

Hi guys, could you confirm the version of the alfa app  : 2.8.0 (June Beta 2) on 06/11/2018 (today)?

I'm also on 2.8.0 but I guess that's just a normal release.
They stated the beta will start at the end of the month.

Sorry for my English and thank you for the explanation

That's right. Once available, we'll let you know the version number. Thanks!

Hi Nate,

I have sent you my email address, please include me in your iOS invite.

Thanks

Signed up! Look forward to announcement on new features / updates that will be rolled out with this Beta Release.