Trigger email based on columns of a list

Copper Contributor

Folks,

I really need some help here and I have seen how useful these messageboards are. I need to send an email to everyone in a SharePoint list who was [LastTrained] 11 months ago to warn them that they need to renew. [LastTrained] is the name of the column in my SharePoint list and it has dates in dd-mm-yyyy format. I have been into SharePoint Designer and MS Flow but I am not versed in any code.

If it's of any use, I am currently looking into a Flow that triggers on a schedule every two days that emails the list per a filter of adddays, [LastTrained], 335 but the filter is the part I am having trouble with. Open to any Office 365 solutions though.

A point in the right direction would be helpful.

Jack

2 Replies
how large is the list? I would just setup a flow on the list, that has reoccurring runtime, that get's the list items, then does a for each loop on them, looking for x = y, then send e-mail. Shouldn't be too overly difficult. Now if the list is or can be over 5000 entries being returned into your 'get list items' action it gets more difficult, but you can filter to the ones needing to be sent the e-mail so hopefully that will never be more than 5000 and it should be fairly straight forward.

You may have already figured this out since it's a few weeks old now, i had it marked in my e-mail and just getting around to it after vaca!

Yes, thank you Christopher. I figured something out. It's running on 2,500 list items at the moment to trigger a workflow on all items where the condition is 335 days since [LastTrained]. This feels in efficient but it hasn't thrown any problems.