SOLVED

Top Nav Bar- Group Enabled Team Site

Silver Contributor

In SPO, is there any way to enable a top nav bar in a group enabled team site. Changing the classic theme from Seattle to Oslo has no affect.

This appears to be another feature that was dropped in the modernization of the UI with minimal, if any, communication.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

It was in a session at SPC that it is coming Q4 I wanna say, but things have been coming out earlier than expected with SPO so hard to tell exactly when. But they are adding a navigation option for modern sites for Top, Left, None.

But to answer your question, you can't, not yet. OOB anyway, you can of course always add SPFX application customize for a Top header menu :).

Thanks, I thought I was going crazy when I could not do this.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

It was in a session at SPC that it is coming Q4 I wanna say, but things have been coming out earlier than expected with SPO so hard to tell exactly when. But they are adding a navigation option for modern sites for Top, Left, None.

But to answer your question, you can't, not yet. OOB anyway, you can of course always add SPFX application customize for a Top header menu :).

View solution in original post