Teams Site / Office 365 Group creation problem

Iron Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm facing a really strange problem with the Team Site / Office 365 Group creation. Yesterday I created a new Office 365 Group connected Team Site from the SharePoint landing page in Office 365. The creation of the site seemed to work as expected and I was able to browse the site afterwards but when I looked at the Groups section in the Office 365 Admin center I noticed that it was showing the wrong e-mail adress for the Office 365 Group. We have configured groups to be created in our own domain, not the onmicrosoft.com domain, but for this particular group the onmicrosoft.com address was showed. I took another look in the Exchange Online using both the Exchange Admin Center and the Exchange Online PowerShell module and there the group looks fine, in other words, it is listed with the correct primary e-mail address and the onmicrosoft.com address is shown as an alias.

When I created a team for the existing group in Microsoft Teams, that also seems to be working but when I try to change the image for the Team I'm not able to that as all the buttons are disabled and greyed out and I'm presented with the message "We're still setting up your team, you can change your picture when we're done."

As I said, the SharePoint Site / Office 365 Group was created yesterday but the problems mentioned above are still there one day after the creation. Any ideas what could be causing this? Is there a bug in the Office 365 Admin Center causing the group to be shown wrong?

-Mattias

2 Replies

Give it some more time. The nature of Groups/Teams is a bit different compared to "standard" objects, and the "loose coupling" between the different workloads constituting a group/team can cause some delays in synchronizing the properties. If the issue persists even after today, I'd suggest opening a support case to get this investigated.

It's strange because we have never had any problems with the group creation process earlier. Everything have been set up just after a couple of minutes but not now… Guess I will just have to wait a little more then… :\