SOLVED

TEAMS NOT GETTING THE PIN TO TOP OPTION IN FILES TAB

Iron Contributor

Hey Folks,

Once again I am back with a question as we know there is an update came up from the Microsoft Teams where we can pin the document on to top while exploring Files from the Tab in Teams but I couldn't find this option yet not visible in my Desktop Client App.

Is there any issue or need to setup any policy to see the same? Attached is the screenshot for the same:

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Mitul Sinha (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Hi Mitul,

Hope you are well! Per article,

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-SharePoint-Blog/Rich-new-file-and-sharing-experienc...

The functionality is currently rolling out to targeted tenants. As stated in the FAQ of the article ‘The new files experience in Microsoft Teams begins Targeted Release roll out to customers in Office 365 today and will be available worldwide by end of November 2019’ so for many it’s not there yet. I don’t think you have it because in the new experience you have the ability to sync to the desktop too and that’s not in your screenshot either.

I do have it and AFAIK there isn’t a policy which controls it (I.e. in the TAC). I wrote a blog on pinning recently on microsoft365pro.co.uk

Hope that answers your question! Hope you get to see it sooner as it’s really good functionality.

Best, Chris

Thanks for your persistence @Mitul Sinha !!

For me, this is easily the biggest workflow killer since the functionality suddenly disappeared in SharePoint. And then, of course, the lack of the ability to pin seemed to carry over into Teams as well.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mitul Sinha (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Hi Mitul,

Hope you are well! Per article,

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-SharePoint-Blog/Rich-new-file-and-sharing-experienc...

The functionality is currently rolling out to targeted tenants. As stated in the FAQ of the article ‘The new files experience in Microsoft Teams begins Targeted Release roll out to customers in Office 365 today and will be available worldwide by end of November 2019’ so for many it’s not there yet. I don’t think you have it because in the new experience you have the ability to sync to the desktop too and that’s not in your screenshot either.

I do have it and AFAIK there isn’t a policy which controls it (I.e. in the TAC). I wrote a blog on pinning recently on microsoft365pro.co.uk

Hope that answers your question! Hope you get to see it sooner as it’s really good functionality.

Best, Chris

View solution in original post