Synced SharePoint Library is read-only

Brass Contributor

Hi! 

I spent 2 days searching for a soution but now I'm getting a little bit frustrated. My Problem is, that actually without chaning anything, I can't sync any SharePoint Library on a one of our Websites without the warning, that the Website is read-only. 

Screenshot is in german - but ist says on the bottom (with grey Background): "This Website is read-only - you can't make any changes on Files or Folders". 

Unbenannt.PNGdfd

I found different solutions, like that required columns in the library are maybe the problem or that disabling the Versioning could solve the Problem - nothing helped. 

What am I missing? 

8 Replies

Does it happen on all the PCs that sync locally the library?

Thank you for the response. Yes - tried it on three different pc's and users. Always the same result.

Hence the problem should be in the library settings.

Please review very carefully the restrictions and limitations listed in this document: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3125202/restrictions-and-limitations-when-you-sync-files-an...

Do you have custom columns in the library? Right now sync doesn't work with custom column metadata and that usually causes this.

Yes we do have costum columns - but I read a few support forum threads and for my understanding, just columns which have to be filled are causing that issue. Did I get something wrong? 

Unbenannt.PNGFor my understanding it only applies to "required" columns. 

This worked a treat

@DeletedThanks a bunch.  Was wondering why the locks appeared and now that I have removed the custom columns sync is working again.  Was really vexing issue.