Slow performance with remote event receivers

Iron Contributor

We have a client that is using the InfoWise Solutions Ultimate Forms product with SharePoint Online. In the last week, the response time for saving list items that use Ultimate Forms has become much slower - 15 seconds. I believe they are using remote event receivers to trigger actions. Lists that don't use Ultimate Forms are saving at acceptable speeds.

Is there anyone else using this product (or remote event receivers) that has noticed the same thing? Right now, the support teams for SharePoint Online and Ultimate Forms are pointing the finger at each other. 

3 Replies
Well, if the main actors here are not providing a solution it seems you are not going to have an easy answer for this. By the way, I am not specifically aware of any problems in RER

If the RERs are synchronous (ie running against ItemAdding, ItemUpdating etc..) then I have seen delays on the UI when saving list items. In this scenario, the save needs to wait for the remove event receiver to finish doing its thing. A delay is typical behaviour for synchronous RERs.

When they are asynchronous (such as ItemAdded), saving a list item should be instantaneous, but the RER will still be processing afterwards.

You can check how the RERs are setup using SharePoint Online Client Browser.

Hi.  Has there been any more news on this slowness with Infowise Ultimate Forms?  My issue of slowness is not consistent across sites.  I have a 'test' site where the list items are added without the 15-20 delay.