Site column to select site-content type?

Copper Contributor
I have about 10 different possible forms that employees will choose depending on set of circumstances. The human factor will choose the form. Each form is a document content type.

I think I want to have a site-column that allows for choice. I'd rather have that in case additional content types are added. Is this at all possible, a bad idea, a fundamental misunderstanding of sharepoint?

The selection will then be used to select the document type in Flow. I think I could just do a choice and then a series of If statements for each of the 10 or maybe something slightly different in flow, but it'd be nice to have the content type selection at the column level for initial entry.
4 Replies
Seems like more of a use case for a PowerApp form than anything else, then you can kick off Flow and whatever else you need, or have different screens / fields based on Drop downs

PowerApps seems like a high bar of entry compared to SP + Flow or is that a misconception?

I personally don't think it's bad, it'll give you much more flexibility but that'll be something for you to play around with your situation and figure out. Shane Young has a great hefty load of doing different things in PowerApp in general and highly recommend checking those out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7_OGRP8BYvtGB8eZdPG6Ng/videos

Wow! Thank you!!!