Shipped to First Release: Discovering the SharePoint mobile apps

Microsoft

Today, we shipped the first of many features to help people get even more out of SharePoint by finding and downloading the SharePoint mobile apps! Your SharePoint Home experience will now feature a “Get the mobile app” button at the bottom of the page. Selecting the button will open a new tab with information about the apps across iOS, Android, and the Windows 10 platforms. Coming soon, users will also be able to email or use sms to send themselves an app invite.

The SharePoint mobile apps work with SharePoint Online in Office 365, SharePoint Server (2013 and 2016) on-premises and your hybrid environment. This feature is currently shipped to First Release and will be expanded to the rest of Production in the next few weeks.

SPhome_mobileUpsell_FR experience-Simulated FINAL.png

We’re eager to hear your feedback and use it to continuously provide the best SharePoint Home experience. Send us inputs via comments in this thread, posts and votes to SharePoint UserVoice, or through the feedback option on SharePoint Home itself.

31 Replies
Thanks I really appreciate that.

@Quincy Thomas and @Philip Worrell we updated the OneDrive website with a fix for this about a month ago. You should be able to copy to any site that has a document library now.

-Ahmed

Still does not work.

If we create standard out of the box doc libraries yes that works. If however you have a site template created with configured settings these do not show up at all.

Using the sharepoint online client browser app I can compare the object of a document library that does show up and one that doesn't.

I'm seeing only the following differences

Library that does not appear

Base template is 80000
Base type is still DocumentLibrary

Content types enabled is True
Major Version limit 10

Object version 56

On a default library

Base template is 101

Content types enabled is False

Major Version limit is 500

Object version is 16

One other question, if the site does not have a default documents library. Does that cause a problem?

I know it does with Microsoft teams as it expects the library.

If I add an out of the box library to the site it appears without a problem.

Microsoft recommends using ADFS for SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2016 and the mobile Apps will not work.

Is it on your schedule to support ADFS with your mobile Apps in the future ?

Hi Dominik... we do have it on our backlog, but I don't have a timeline currently. 

Thanks!
Nate

@Clement Yau

Hi Philip,

Sorry, I may have misunderstood. Does the Library not show up or do the sites not show up? Also, no we don't depend on the default document library, we'll automatically jump there if it's the only one available, but it's not required.

-Ahmed
The libraries do not show up. Unless they are libraries that are created using the default document library app.

So if I take a site where no libraries are showing up and I add a document library app. That new one will show up but none of the existing template created libraries will display.

The sites themselves show up ok regardless.
On the subject of the SharePoint apps, the new app-to-app integration with Yammer is great. Can we expect something similar for Teams?
Definitely thinking going on around that space. Not sure on the timing or the specific features... but stay tuned :)

Try to add the library to the quicklaunch navigation by opening the Library settings -> Title, description navigation -> Display this document library on the Quick Launch -> Yes.

Adding the library to the navigation by manually adding it as a link to the quicklaunch doesn't work. I believe if you add it using the library settings, it works :)

I think if you do it like this, the library is visible in the SharePoint Online mobile app, and also on the Copy-To functionality from OneDrive for Business. But please let me know if this works.

Tried that. It does not appear to work.

At least not on our environment.
Creating new out of box libraries in the same sites work.

Thanks for the info.