Shipped to First Release: Discovering the SharePoint mobile apps

Microsoft

Today, we shipped the first of many features to help people get even more out of SharePoint by finding and downloading the SharePoint mobile apps! Your SharePoint Home experience will now feature a “Get the mobile app” button at the bottom of the page. Selecting the button will open a new tab with information about the apps across iOS, Android, and the Windows 10 platforms. Coming soon, users will also be able to email or use sms to send themselves an app invite.

The SharePoint mobile apps work with SharePoint Online in Office 365, SharePoint Server (2013 and 2016) on-premises and your hybrid environment. This feature is currently shipped to First Release and will be expanded to the rest of Production in the next few weeks.

SPhome_mobileUpsell_FR experience-Simulated FINAL.png

We’re eager to hear your feedback and use it to continuously provide the best SharePoint Home experience. Send us inputs via comments in this thread, posts and votes to SharePoint UserVoice, or through the feedback option on SharePoint Home itself.

31 Replies

How will this integrate with Intune MAM policies?
Will these actions show up in the security center audit logs?

Also can you fix the mobile apps so they can see document libraries for sites created from a template can actually be found. I.e. item objects with id's starting 8000. As the mobile apps are pretty useless to us as user cannot see their content.

This also goes for the web copy to functionality. None of our site libraries except default out of the box ones can be found.

Third party apps appear to have no problem with finding these. So it must be possible.

Thanks

Hi Dean, checking this with my team. Will get back with more details soon.

Thanks for the feedback Philip. I'm adding @Nate Clinton and @Lincoln DeMaris who own the mobile apps and document libraries. They'll be able to share more details on your ask.

Hi Philip.. can you provide a bit more info about the issues you are seeing?  The steps you take to reproduce the issue, plus screenshots would be great.

Thanks!
Nate

I'm away from my office for the next few days. Howeverer here is the process I have been through. 

I open up a site created by our standard template I can see all the libraries etc and work with them as normal. 

I go to the Sharepoint app on my device find the same site none of the libraries appear 

I see the activity feed and files views are populated.

If I go under lists I see only one item which is tasks.

Under Sitenavigation I see all the site structure as expected

If I navigate into any library I get No data available,something went wrong.

Now if I flip back to lists, that library will appear on the list then disappear 

If I then go back to the site. Create an out of the box library. Populate it with some content. 

Go back to the app. Navigate to the site, open the site navigation, open the new library and everything works as expected. 

I am seeing similar behaviour with the copy to function in the OneDrive for Business web interface. The libraries their simply do not show up unless they were out of the box created libraries. 

Our Developer tells me that minimal changes were done to modify the libraries. Added a few content  types and set versioning levels. These were done back on 2013 Sharepoint before we migrated to Sharepoint online.

I tried a few things like matching the settings of an out of the box library on our templated libraries and vice versa and still the same result. 

I had a look through the objects using the Sharepoint browser tool https://spcb.codeplex.com/

It showed our libraries were of a different type name of the standard and were of an id in the range of 8000 where stadnard document libraries are type 101

Sorry no screen shot available at the moment. 

I am not finding "Get my mob apps" options.

Could you please post some screen shot of it?

Thanks,

Gopi

The blue button at the bottom-right of SharePoint Home in the screenshot above is the intended experience Gopi. We have only shipped it to First Release tenants as of now and will be expanding in the next few days.

Hi Dean.  Right now the feature isn't integrated with MAM policies.  For the audit logs, those actions aren't included.  Are there specific things you'd like to see in the logs?  @Vidya Srinivasan

We are taking a look at this Philip to see if we can reproduce on our end. Thanks for the info!
Data such as App installation, app activity, update/version information, and device type could be valuable.
Gotcha. That's not likely something that would be logged by this particular feature, but it's something that we can add to our backlog for future consideration. Thanks Dean!

Hi, we have multiple customers with On-Premise installation of SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2016 with ADFS.

We are not able to use the SharePoint mobile apps to connect to these installations. Is it right that you do not support SharePoint installations with ADFS and the SharePoint mobile app or the OneDrive App ?

Hi Nate,

I ran into the same issue as Philip on the OneDrive part (Copy To not possible on particular sites) at one of our customers. Sites that weren't based on the Teamsite template showed empty libraries. I haven't tested this app yet, but maybe this can help your team.

For my customer we were using Publishing sites (for some unknown reason). As soon as we migrated those sites over to the Teamsite template, it all starting working.

Thanks Quincy.  We are taking a look at the SharePoint pieces right now.  For the OneDrive piece, adding @Ahmed Gharib

Thanks!

Nate

Hi Dominik... that's correct, we currently don't support ADFS for on-prem 2013/2016

Thanks
Nate

Hi Quincy,

Are you referring to OneDrive for Business on the Web?

-Ahmed

Yes, onedrive for business web interface displays the same behaviour.

Copy to just does not find any of the libraries created from a template site.