Sharing a questionnaire with external users

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi,

We want to create a questionnaire in sharepoint online to be answered by some clients outside our company. I don't know exactly how can I gave them access to this questionnaire without creating users with licences for them in Office 365.

• If I created users for them without licences, can they access and answer the questionnaire?
  • Can I share the questionnaire with external users? Please note they are completely strangers to our Office 365 tenant and AD and I don't know what mail service they are using and whether they have Microsoft accounts or no.

Thanks in advance.

9 Replies
What you could do is create these users as external users in your Azure AD and convert them as guests so you can share the questionnaire with these users: https://jcgonzalezmartin.wordpress.com/2016/05/26/office-365-another-approach-to-add-external-users-... (In this post I'm showing hot to achieve same goal using a secondary Azure AD)

If the structure of your questionnaire isn't too complex, you might give a try to an excel survey.

Hi @Deleted,

Is the survey a file that is stored in a SharePoint or OneDrive document library? If so, you can create an anonymous access link and copy it to your clipboard. This link will work for anyone you give it to without requiring sign-in. Would that work for you? Note, this option will only work if anonymous sharing is enabled in the ODB or SPO admin centers. Let me know if you have any questions!

Stephen Rice

OneDrive Program Manager II

Thank you all for your replies. Much appreciated

Can you please explain more, how to work with this I am new to SharePoint. Can i have a survey that anyone that has the link can answer the survey? 

Thanks 

Hi @AryehR14,

Yes you can. How are you setting up the survey? Thanks!

Stephen Rice

OneDrive Program Manager II

Consider using Microsoft Forms for this use case. You can have surveys that are anonymous, which means that anyone can answer them and you don't have to add those external people as guest/external users in your tenant.

@Stephen Rice I'm using the SharePoint Online/365 Survey tool and have the same question; how to allow external users to take the survey?

thanks!

Tim

Hi @myvirtualcto,

I'm not super familiar with that tool but I'd generally recommend checking out Microsoft Forms for this scenario. Thanks!

Stephen Rice

Senior Program Manager, OneDrive