Sharing SP docs in Teams

Copper Contributor

Hi! 

• The case: our customers have large doc libs sorted by metadata and views, for internal use. 
  • The need: our customers want to share one single document from a large doc lib in SP to external collaborators in Teams groups.  
  • The how: what is the best and secure solution here? (we want to avoid security trouble and dobble versions....) 

Thanks a lot for any tip!

Best regards, 

Med vennlig hilsen

Marianne Mikalsen

Project leader - OfficeControl AS

email: marianne@officecontrol.no

1 Reply

@Marianne_Mikalsen The best solution I can think of is pretty manual and doesn't leverage any special Teams functionality, but would keep your document security intact and let your team operate from a single document version.

Assuming your site collection has external sharing enabled, I'd recommend creating an access link for "specific people." My assumption is that one link is created, and that one link serves as a single access point for however many people you invite at that moment. If any external collaborators get added, you'd need to make the link again, as you're counting on having one link available for all of your external collaborators to use. With that link, post it somewhere easily accessible in Teams (maybe a Wiki) and that's that.