SOLVED

Sharepoint Online Permissions options changed badly?

Brass Contributor

Hi all,

I've noticed that the SharePoint online permissions tab/manage access tab has been changed.

In document libraries, there is no option to break folder inheritance. From today, there is also no option to manage advanced permissions, meaning that you can set folder permissions to edit/view only.

This is a huge step-back and is slowing down permissions assigning.

Also, when assigning permissions the permissions tab is behaving very badly in terms of speed and reliability.

Am I missing something out?

Cheers,

Nikola1.png2.png

26 Replies
So was it something you guys missed, or was it one of those cases where it was in a different update that pushed after another? :p

@Chris Webb, closer to the latter :) An update that normally happens in sync was done out of sync. If you look in ODB, you'll actually see the advanced link, but it's not in SPO yet. Should be fixed tomorrow (and going forward for future releases!). Thanks all for flagging this with us!

Stephen Rice

OneDrive Program Manager II

The advanced button is back :) Thank you!

Good to know it's being fixed. Just to give an update, in my tenant it still doesn't show the "Advanced" option. I've checked the version of the resource files that Bruno indicated and they remain the same.

We were expecting the new version to reach 100% last night but it was not the case. It should happen very soon. 

This is why on some cases you might still be seeing that version.

This is now at 100% and should be solved everywhere.

I confirm that now I have the advanced link. Thanks for all the help.