Sharepoint Online Open with Explorer opening OneDrive

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi

I was wondering if anyone had seen this before.

I am trying to reconnect the network location a user previously had set up. It lost connection and I have checked that the URL is in trusted sites and the WebClient service is running & on Automatic.

When I log into Sharepoint on IE and go to 'Open With Explorer', instead of taking me to a file explorer box, it opens OneDrive and gets the user to log in, is there a file association I need to change?

Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies

You should really be using the ODFB client instead of mapped drives, they are simply not designed for the cloud world. Even if you make it work, you have to remember to periodically renew the token, or the connection will break. There are some third party tools that can help you automate this, look them up. But really, use the ODFB client instead.

Vasil,

Are you really recommending to use the worst file sync client ever? I am sure you are aware of the many issues when using ODFB with Sharepoint.

This is just one: https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/17864110-enable-sync-client-to-all...

Cause mapped drives work so well with metadata? Or at all?