SOLVED

Sharepoint App (iOS) date not accepted when adding list item

Copper Contributor

So basically. We have a list with a date field.

When we log in from the iOS app and try to add a new item with a date we get an error message.

It tells us that the date should be in the format "2016-12-24" whereas the datepicker in the Sharepoint app adds it as "24 Dec. 2016". If we add an item without the date, everything works as expected.

Is this something that someone else has experienced?

Is it a bug or just a setting we're missing out on?

7 Replies
Seems to be a bug IMHO

Yeah, figured as much. Any idea where I can submit it?

best response confirmed by Linus Ahnbo (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Thank you for surfacing this. I have filed a bug for this issue and we will track it as part of our regular release process.

Hello from Finland

We are trying to add item using sharepoint app in android device. So far we cannot utilize date as field format due to this problem. Out date format is d.m.yyyy. How far are you with bugfix release?

Our neighbour Sweden is much bigger economic power so I wonder how they can tolerate this ;) 

Same problem here!

We are using several sharepoint-lists, but unfortunately we cannot utilize the Sharepoint app to add items due to this date-bug. Employees who add items are mainly working out-of-office (operators, mechanicals, drivers, technicians, industrial workers) and would benefit IMMENSLY if not having to access a computer to add list items.

Please give us an update of how this is going. I have looked everywhere for a solution to this, and decided to create a topic here about it - but then I found one created already.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Linus Ahnbo (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Thank you for surfacing this. I have filed a bug for this issue and we will track it as part of our regular release process.

View solution in original post