SOLVED

SharePoint page usage information

Silver Contributor
Has anyone in Targeted Release seen page usage information yet? Thanks! SharePoint pages: page usage information Gain insights into the use of your pages and news articles via number counts for views, likes and shares. Estimated Release: Q4 CY2017 Feature ID: 23708 Added to Roadmap: 09/20/2017 Last modified : 02/23/2018
24 Replies
No. Been waiting for this feature for so long. I saw this page in a demo like over 8 months ago. This and hub sites and I’m in modern UI heaven.
We are waiting for the same things Christopher:thumbs_up:
Nop!
best response confirmed by John Wynne (Silver Contributor)
Solution
This has been announced as the Social Bar in the Message Center today for roll out to Targeted Release this week.
Yep...seeing the message in the messages center too

Does anybody have a picture of this.. I googled it.. but can not find something matching the description?!?

Here ye go, it's a thing of beauty can't wait for it to be active: siteusage.jpg

Indeed!

Wow - thanks for the share - it is cool ... I was expecting a 'Social Bar' at the top of the page with counters or similar... but this is site usage statistics revamped ..very cool.. will finally give insight into engagement..

I guess it didn’t happen this week *looks at calendar* :) The message centre and the roadmap are proving a little optimistic!

My biggest question is where the data is stored. The latest comment function in SPO stores the comments in a site list and that is just sad. Since we have Yammer as part of this story I hope the social data will be stored there and then integrated into the Graph as metadata. My fear is that we get even more local lists with likes and shares.  

You can't store those in Yammer since every Site isn't connected to Yammer. You could always write a flow to copy comments to Yammer. A connector would be ideal I suppose so you could just have a prebuilt connector for Site comments etc. and set that up in Teams/ Yammer / Group.

You can always store the likes in Yammer since its a OpenGraph object. And for all sites (most of ours) that are yammer-connected this should be a no-brainer. We have a brand new yammer-feed webpart för communication sites that is a big part of that story but the conversation and likes are isolated in SharePoint?

Is it me or has this ‘disappeared’ from the Message Center? Curious.
mine is still there.
Strange. Thanks Christopher.

can you please provide the source ( i.e. where did you get it from) for the picture.

@Mark Kashman any update on when page usage info shown in the image from @Deleted originally I think from Ignite 2017 will arrive? Unique viewers, trending content and most viewed pages would be very useful now.
The team let me know that we're complete with rollout, but not feature complete with what we communicated. So we have the new Site usage page, however some of the functionality is still to come. I know what we're planning to show at the upcoming SharePoint Conference, which is indicative of what would ship shortly after, and the demos portray much of what your asking about. I'll keep a pulse on progress, and apologies for the confusion it brought. - Mark.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by John Wynne (Silver Contributor)
Solution
This has been announced as the Social Bar in the Message Center today for roll out to Targeted Release this week.

View solution in original post