SharePoint modern News web part filter not available

Copper Contributor

I am planning to use SharePoint news web part from either a Communication or  a Team site to show corporate communication news in landing page in our intranet. But I don't see any filters in the news web part to restrict some of the news pages not to show up in the landing page web part and all news page too. 

2017-12-20_15-23-58.png

Is there a way to apply filters or need to create a client side SPFx web part to mimic the news webpart?

regards,

G Ray

5 Replies
If the configuration panel of any default modern WebPart does not provide the features you need such as the filtering one you mention, you have two options here:
(1) Wait until Microsoft adds an update to the WebPart providing that functionality (Microsoft is from time to time updating modern WebParts with enhancements)
(2) Create your own SPFx WebPart as you well mention

Thank you for your response. Seems I have to build a news web part looking at our requirement. 

Hello-  I have the same question re the news web part not filtering. I was wondering if you have found a solution. Thank you!

Not yet @Deleted. 

I may need to recreate a news web part  using SPFX

I have recommended to some users to use the hero web part to display news in this instance. That way, they can pick and choose which articles appear on the home page. More manual work, but they were ok with that.