SharePoint locking issue

Brass Contributor

We have multiple users experiencing intermittent SharePoint locking issue. (on-prem)

Users working away with their documents then gets locked out saying the document is locked out by themselves. 

Already created a case with micrsoft and they have been unable to help. This is now holding up our SharePoint Online/O365 deployment. 

Tried these reg fixes but issue persists. 

Anybody else experiencing this? 

9 Replies
I have seen this sometimes, but the problem is normally solved in some minutes

I've seen this when workflows/event receivers are kicking in and updating the document properties.

@Juan Carlos González Martín wrote:
I have seen this sometimes, but the problem is normally solved in some minutes

i believe lockout time is 10min? if the user waits long enough, the file will be unlocked.. but the issue still exists. 

@Pieter Veenstra wrote:

I've seen this when workflows/event receivers are kicking in and updating the document properties.

yep, seen it on modifying document properties as well. 

anybody? Smiley Sad

Which version of Office do you use? and can you replicate the same issue with othe versions of office?

office 365. users only started reporting after they were migrated over. it's even got to the point where users would have to revert back to 2010. 

@Deleted wrote:

Which version of Office do you use? and can you replicate the same issue with othe versions of office?

Any update on this - were you able to resolve the issue?

Hello. Yes we did. It ended up being our Riverbed wan accelerator. Had to configure it to bypass SharePoint traffic.