SOLVED

SharePoint library sync with OneDrive Next Gen sync client doesn't work

Deleted
Not applicable

I'm trying to sync my SharePoint library with the OneDrive next gen sync client which doesn't work for me.

My setup: Windows 7 Professional with the next gen sync client and also the old client running in parallel. The same for two other colleagues where one of it has only the newest client installed.

Error Messages with the modern UI: I always receive the both error messages below, that an issue occured and that I'm syncing that account already, which is not true...

When I return back to classic SharePoint: I get redirected to the following site
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2903984/how-to-install-the-onedrive-for-business-sync-clien...

L_D97.tmp.PNGtest.jpg

In the Admin Centre it is configured that users can sync their files with the newest client.

On a machine with Windows 10 it works without any problems.

5 Replies
best response
Solution
Syncing a SharePoint library with the latest version of the NGSC doesn't work in Internet Explorer (well in Windows 7, from a upgrade of the version), it will always throw you to the OneDrive4B login as shown above.

Use Firefox/Chrome and it will work perfectly! Haven't tried with Edge in Windows 10, but I assume it would work also.
There may be a fix to register a connection there somewhere, I tried the Microsoft help articles and also reinstalled many times, but nothing I found resolved it as yet.

Hi, that worked perfectly. Thanks.

But strange enough that it didn't work in IE.

Is there already a fix available because IE is the default Browser in our Company.

I had a chat with Microsoft this morning. They mentioned that the reason for the issue appears due to the fact how the Internet Explorer translate links.

20.02.png

With the launch of the newest OneDrive NGSC version, which should be updated by end of the month, this issue will be fixed, BUT only if you use SharePoint libraries with the modern UI.

If you can't wait you can update it already
https://oneclient.sfx.ms/Win/Prod/17.3.6798.0207/OneDriveSetup.exe

Appreciate you providing the details above, good to know it's being resolved and will save a lot of customer frustration.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution
Syncing a SharePoint library with the latest version of the NGSC doesn't work in Internet Explorer (well in Windows 7, from a upgrade of the version), it will always throw you to the OneDrive4B login as shown above.

Use Firefox/Chrome and it will work perfectly! Haven't tried with Edge in Windows 10, but I assume it would work also.

View solution in original post