SOLVED

SharePoint iOS App / mobile browsing does not allow editing News / Pages

Deleted
Not applicable

As a News Contributor or Page Author is there a way to edit pages from the SharePoint app or from a mobile browser?

Use Case, I am a site owner and created a news item from the SP App and published it. Great experience! I noticed after I published a typo in the Title. I cannot edit that without getting to a desktop computer.

I tried accessing edit options via the iOS app and the Safari browser and neither allowed editing the page.

6 Replies
If you open the site in the browser, turn it so it goes landscape, the edit button will show up.

I did that and it did not display. Found this ticket in the SharePoint User Community: Edit an already created news page

MSFT suggest its:in the plans  AdminSharePoint Experiences Team (Admin, Microsoft SharePoint) responded "Thanks for your feedback! We are working on a plan to support editing for news."

@Aneetha Jayaraman and @Nate Clinton should be able to share details on this. 

You can currently edit your news posts on the SharePoint Android app. 

While this is not in our immediate roadmap for iOS, we listen very carefully to user feedback when we make backlog decisions.

So, please add or upvote this feature on our User Voice page. We frequently go over that list and prioritize the most commonly requested features. Do let me know if I can help with 

Thanks,

best response
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response