SharePoint app - Android - List 'No data available'

Deleted
Not applicable
Hi All

I'm hoping someone can help.

I have an important list on SharePoint Online called 'Comms Hub'. This loads fine on the iOS version of the SharePoint app but on the Andriod version I get 'No data available'. This is happening on multiple Andriod devices.

Does anyone know who I can report this to so that it can be investigated? It's preventing me from rolling out the app in my company.

Thanks

Allan
23 Replies
Hi Allan, As a general observation the iOS app is several iterations ahead of the Android app and indeed the Windows app too. Not a direct answer to your problem I know but side by side comparisons need to be shared with clients. I think this is going to be an ongoing support issue for everyone. Interested to hear the official update from the Microsoft guys and hopefully more on May 16th regarding mobile updates.

@Deleted - clearly not what should be happening.  Bringing in @Nate Clinton.

Have you opened a support ticket? I'd suggest you do that--even having a case number on your end can help--it gives us something to follow as well.

Indeed, it seems the Android App is in a permanent Beta status...

Hi Allan... adding AJ.  What type of list is it?

Thanks!
Nate

@Aneetha Jayaraman

Thanks Dan. I can get a support ticket raised tomorrow and I'll share the case number.
Hi Nate. It's a Custom List.

Just an FYI that it used to load on Android app but in the last few Android app updates, it now fails to load.

Gotcha, thanks.  That's helpful info.

@Aneetha Jayaraman

Hello Allan,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have a question for you. Does your list have more than 12 look up fields? Also- would you please send us feedback from within the device and tag it with "Techcommunity- no data"? This will help us narrow down the issue.

Thank you,

~AJ

Hi AJ

The list doesn't have any lookup fields.

I've submitted feedback using the app and tagged with # and included log files.

Thanks

Allan

Hi All

Case 617050294208953 was raised yesterday and I've emailed the engineer a template of the custom list this morning.

@Aneetha Jayaraman @Dan Holme

Thanks

Allan

Hi All

The issue is due to the column type 'Publishing image'. When this is added to any list, it fails to open on the Andriod app, yet opens fine on the iOS app.

The list previously opened, so this feels like a bug in later versions of the app but I'm being told by support that I need to raise a new feature request - this doesn't feel right.

What's the best way to get this bug fixed?

Thanks in advance

Allan

@Aneetha Jayaraman @Nate Clinton @Dan Holme 

I'm having a similar problem. I have numerous SharePoint lists that load fine, but one task list that will not. It shows the item count briefly, but then loads the "no data available" error and the item count displays 0. It used to work just fine.

Thanks for reporting thiw William.  We are taking a look now to see what the issue is.

Thanks!
Nate

Seeing the same for multiple lists. Only the simplest lists seem to display. Our other lists which contain columns types managed metadata, lookups, images, etc do not load. "No data available. Something went wrong". Latest app version installed July 4 2017.

It's very frustrating. Strangly, I can search the list and it will retun results that I can access. Only when attempting to view the full list do I get the error. I've tried using filters, but still the same error.

Hi @William Johnson and @Noah Stahl... would you be able to provide your tenant names?  That will help us dig a bit deeper on this.

Thanks!
Nate

My tenant name is Kronos.

Great, thank you