SOLVED

SharePoint access reqeuests - unable to pick groups

Deleted
Not applicable

Hello,

I noticed that for a site collection I'm unable to pick the group I want the requesting user grant access to. Usually, it looks like this:

image.png

However, this "Permission" drop-down menu does not appear for the site collection in question.

Any idea why that is? First I thought that a default group was not defined but even after doing so this drop-down doesn't appear.

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies
Can you share what your site permission page looks like?
best response
Solution

Is there a difference between requesting access to (a) the entire site and (b) a specific library or list?

I noticed that when a user requests access to a specific list, the 'full' options (Owner/Member/Visitor) don't appear, as shown below.

SPAccessRequests.PNG

Yeah, that's it. Thanks for pointing that out. In this case access was requested for a list but I was wondering why not all options showed like I was used to with requests to the whole site collection.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

Is there a difference between requesting access to (a) the entire site and (b) a specific library or list?

I noticed that when a user requests access to a specific list, the 'full' options (Owner/Member/Visitor) don't appear, as shown below.

SPAccessRequests.PNG

View solution in original post