SOLVED

SharePoint Social Bar - Page Usage Information

Silver Contributor

According to the Message Centre this should be rolling out to Targeted Release. Anyone seen it yetsocial bar.png

49 Replies

@Mark Kashman I note that @Tony Redmond mentions rollout as April 1. Is that Production? Is Targeted Release still as per the Message Centre? Thanks!

Got the message below in my developer tenant admin center. This tenant is on Targeted Release but the functionality is not visible yet. According the the message text it should be rolled out to production by April 1st

Untitled.png

Thanks Paul. I guess my question is why the functionality is not visible in Targeted Release tenants, such as mine, when Production is less than one month away?

I'm experiencing the same issue.  Targeted release and don't see it yet.  I imagine this feature is delayed.

Same here, not seeing this yet
Not seeing it, however I've seen file hover cards popping in, which is nice, but it doesn't have view details yet, which I assume is because it's waiting on this feature to roll to compliment it.
best response confirmed by John Wynne (Silver Contributor)
Solution
The SharePoint page usage information (what was initially communicated as the "social bar") is now rolling out to Targeted Release, and I believe it's complete for 100% of Targeted Release (TR) customers already, but if not - it's a matter of days. And then in ~ 1-2 weeks, we'll begin roll out for the rest of production - just keeping an eye on scale and any main stress points customers in TR provide.

Looping in @Alyssa Danesh who can provide the best status update. Alyssa?

Thanks Mark, certainly not seeing this yet on my tenant within TR so hopefully very soon flying across the Atlantic to rainy London :)

@Debjani Mitra who owns this feature now.

Hello! We are currently validating the switches to turn the social bar on/off. Will roll out after that. I'll update this discussion with an ETA - stay tuned! 

This brings up the age old question of how come we can't get tenant specific notifications that a feature has actually reached us? 

Having to do trial and error and pinging the community is tedious at best.

Yes, this is our biggest frustration with Office 365 in general.

Hi Debjani, Can you let us know what is happening here please? The Message Center clearly indicated this was rolling out which @Mark Kashman referred to Alyssa and onto yourself. The notifications in the Message Center need to reflect the current situation or they are pointless. If this feature goes into production on April 1st there is little time for TR reviewWe are excited to receive new Office 365 and SharePoint features but accurate notification is key. Thanks!

hi all, 

I want to let you know that we expect to roll this feature out to Targeted Release very shortly.  We found an issue previously that we wanted to fix before starting to release this, and we have validated the fix and are now just waiting for the build to deploy in order to turn on the feature in TR.  We will let you all know when that is done.

In addition the Message Center post wasn't totally clear on the April 1 2018 schedule statement, so let me clarify that.  The April 1 date was meant to be communicated as the earliest date we would expand this feature beyond TR, so that we gave customers time to run the PowerShell commands to turn off the feature in advance of it rolling out to their tenants, if they wanted to do that.  These commands can still be run to disable after the feature is deployed but we wanted to communicate that we would not exit TR before April 1 at the earliest.  Once we roll out to TR, we will listen to and watch feedback, usage data and our quality metrics to determine we are ready to expand beyond that ring.  Thx,   Andy

Excellent, thanks for the update on this Andy, been checking everyday for it lol....
Thanks Andy, for your reply. This clarification really helps. I would certainly recommend updating the Message Center entry when delays occur. Everyone feels happy when they are informed. Nevertheless, really looking forward to this feature and appreciate your time in getting back on this one!

Still nothing on my tenant(s).

I also noticed another feature announcement, the 'News Digest Email':

DYZr81vW4AIxNhh

I hear you, @John Wynne.  In parallel to me posting the update here, we also are updating the MC post 131052 to clarify.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by John Wynne (Silver Contributor)
Solution
The SharePoint page usage information (what was initially communicated as the "social bar") is now rolling out to Targeted Release, and I believe it's complete for 100% of Targeted Release (TR) customers already, but if not - it's a matter of days. And then in ~ 1-2 weeks, we'll begin roll out for the rest of production - just keeping an eye on scale and any main stress points customers in TR provide.

View solution in original post