SharePoint Server 2019 Modern Experience

Brass Contributor

Hello,

While checking up modern page experience in team site on SharePoint Server 2019, I do not see a couple of web parts such as "Count Down", "Calendar", "Planner" etc. I think it's because Office 365 group is not created which might not be enabling these web parts on a modern page.

Can you please share missing modern experiences in on-premises modern team site without Office 365 group?

Best Regards,

Dipti

2 Replies

@Dipti Chhatrapati As you notice, there are features missing from SharePoint 2019. Calendar,Planner are Office 365 group features so you will not have this capabilities in On-Premises SharePoint.

There may also be more web parts that you just don't have because they were created / deployed after SharePoint 2019 build was released. More web parts will continue to make their way into SharePoint Online, but not into SharePoint 2019.

Other features missing from SharePoint 2019 is Hub Sites.  All the new features of SharePoint 2019 can be found here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/what-s-new/new-and-improved-features-in-sharepoint-serve...

Thank you very much, Beau, for the information,

Yes, I have already noticed that Hub sites are not available in SharePoint Server 2019 - with Office 365 group related other features like Planner and Calander. Therefore, I have a couple of further related questions:

1) What is the difference between SharePoint Server 2019 and SharePoint Online in terms of Modern Experience? what functionality would be missing in on-premises which is there in Online except for Hub sites/Planner/Calendar?

2) Which specific features related to Office 365 group except for Calander and Planner is not available in SharePoint server 2019? [ Basically, I need to know functionalities available in SharePoint only related to Office 365 group ]

3) Is Hybrid connectivity with Exchange for O365 is the only way to make Calander and Planner OR O365 group related functionality available in SharePoint Server 2019?

Best Regards,
Dipti