SharePoint Proposal Outline

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm thinking how much levels of details I should be put in a typical SharePoint proposal. So for example, should we put a section on the information architecture and the site structure, or leave it out to the business requirements phase.

I'm thinking to include the below in our typical proposal templates, not specifically in that order:

• Hardware Requirements
  • Physical Architecture
  • Logical Architecture
  • Site Structure
  • Content types
  • Brief about the required workflows
  • Training Plan
  • Deployment Plan

I couldn't find online a proposal template to follow, what's the best outline of a typical proposal I should cover, bearing in mind that after client awarding there will be a detailed business requirements gathering and documentation session.

2 Replies

What is the outcome the client is looking for? Stand up new environment? Migration? On-premises? Totally lots of factors.. I would be surprised if you would find a SOW available online since they typically contain proprietary information in them.

Well, I was thinking each client have his own requirements and scope of work, and this is completely dependent on the project, however I would say there are standard items we need to include in a typical sharepoint proposal, like the information architecture, the logical/physical architecture. I'm just asking if there is a standard outline for such proposal. I'm mostly talking about Sharepoint on-premise, without migration.