SharePoint Online Templates

Brass Contributor

We need a SharePoint online template for Help Desk and Marketing Consultant. But SharePoint Online provides only Two site template of Team and Communication.

Is there any pre-defined template available for this?

1 Reply

I think you won't find a ready-to-use template for this scenario. 

To provide additional templates in Modern Experience you can create Site Scrips and Site Designs, and optionally combine them with PnP Provisioning Template(s). Maybe you can find someone who shared his or her Site Design / Site Script or PnP Provisioning template, but I'm not aware of one for your scenario.

See the article below for more details on how to build templates for SharePoint Online: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/site-design-overview

The above provides for a templating experience that's integrated in SharePoint's default site creation experience. A completely custom solution for site provisioning based on PnP templates is also quite common.

Finally, please note that more then the 2 templates you've mentioned are still available for SharePoint Online sites if you create them in "Classic Mode". I don't think you will find a starting point here either though and for new initiatives you should go for a Modern experience if you ask me.