SOLVED

SharePoint Online - Move To missing Tennant missing other sites missing other libraries.

Steel Contributor

Hi team,

I have an HR document library, with about 750 document sets in it.

Using modern view of the library if I tick the circle to the left of the document set, then click Move To the popup panel on the right appears .....

BUT

Under choose destination I don't get current library or Your onedrive (as I do in other site's libraries).

Nor do I get a choice of other sites in the Tennant. 

It only shows a list of all the document sets in the same library.

Any suggestions on how I can help the HR team out with how to move documentsets out of this library and into the "Exited staff" library ?

I've tried: multiple logins (same experience for member, owner, tennant admin), removing all my own favourited sites (there were a lot, same experience), all other libraries in the HR site have the same problem except "Site assets" library (not sure why).

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Dorje McKinnon (Steel Contributor)
Solution
Document sets aren’t yet supported in modern UI so it’s not going to let you move them using the move to button etc.

@Chris Webb Many thanks for the quick response.

OK, I'll keep my eyes open for a change to that functionality.

In the short term I'll get them to:

• download the document set
  • create a new document set in the destination library
  • extract the zip file downloaded locally
  • upload the extracted zip file into the new document set in the destination library
  • delete the original document set
  • delete the downloaded zip
  • delete the extracted files
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Dorje McKinnon (Steel Contributor)
Solution
Document sets aren’t yet supported in modern UI so it’s not going to let you move them using the move to button etc.

View solution in original post