SharePoint Online File Editor Won't Save Changes

MVP

It appears the text editor for editing files in SharePoint Online broke overnight. I can no longer save any changes made to the files.  I can edit the file, but clicking the Save link does nothing. I've tested this on 3 tenants on 2 different browsers and had confirmation from someone else that it's broken for them as well. 

71 Replies

@Bruno Aleixo 

I'm seeing the same issue with all our 365 sites presently have been for a couple of weeks no save option in the text editor. Hope its resolved soon I have a lot of JS and TXT files in my doc library

@rfletcherThere's a chance that Nobody at MS knows this is happening. Has anyone submitted a Service Request about it? Perhaps all of us should do so...

we are working on fixing this behavior and it should be good very soon. I will circle back once its done.

this should be solved by now. Please validate

Not yet (tried Incognito, cleared cache, etc.) - How long should it take to propagate?

@Bruno Aleixo Not yet working for me either 

@Bruno Aleixo Not working yet. still not able to edit, save, or see any buttons in the ribbon above.

Patching has started but is not yet at 100% rolled out but it will soon. On onedrive web its already fixed everywhere and doclibs getting there.

Thanks

@Bruno AleixoI see it now, in at least one of our impacted libraries. Thank you for fixing it.

Any chance you'll let us know what the issue/fix was and, if it is related to the last time it broke, what controls have been put in place to ensure it doesn't happen again?

You are much appreciated!

@Jim Duncan there is no relation to the past issue. Feel free to open a support ticket in case you have any additional questions. 

@Bruno Aleixo I confirm the buttons for saving and other actions are visible again. :)

Thanks!

@Bruno Aleixo: Thank you, the menu items in the top ribbon are back, including button Save.

@Alexey17   The button's were back yesterday, but now today they are gone again.  @Bruno Aleixo, what's in place to ensure this doesn't keep occurring?

@djgerads  Yes they are broken again here too. Was there yesterday when it was said they were fixed.

@Bruno AleixoJust confirming the above reports: the ribbon is blank again.

@Bruno Aleixo , that is correct, the ribbon is blank again

We had to rollback the fix due to a different issue and we are in the process of deploying a new one. At this time we expect this to be done between today and tomorrow.

Can you test again ? Thanks

@Bruno Aleixo, I have tried now and button Save is there, along with the rest of the top ribbon. Thank you!