SharePoint Online Communication-Image Gallery-Carousel-Hyperlink

Copper Contributor

I was wondering whether it is possible to add a hyperlink to each Image in the Image Carousel. So far, I find no place to add a hyperlink. I tried adding an href tag under Caption but it does not work.

ImageCarousel.PNG

Kindly Help!

4 Replies
I dont think this is possible now for this webpart
Yeah the only one they added hyperlink support for or will be is the image web part itself, not the gallery.

@Ricky RaghavanI "solved" that with a non-practical workaround.

1. create a section - 3 column layout
  2. add in each column an "image" web part
  3. add the link or the overlay text as relevant

If you have several images that have to appear in a pre-defined order (such as alphabetical order), this is not very practical as you have to add only three images per section, so the list retains the order when visualised on mobile.

If instead the order is not relevant, just add several images in each column.

The image gallery is not providing the feature to connect an url to an image. Just single images have this feature. Okay, so I opened up 3 Columns to work with single images and urls, just to find out that only 3 columns are possible in Sharepoint... what a sick experience.

This is so stupid, I wasted 2 hours of my live in dumb SharePoint just to find out this embarrassing facts. Microsoft is just a poor company with sick products, with deficient editors, half developed and unready brought to the market.