SharePoint News arrives on Windows Mobile

Silver Contributor
Today's SharePoint update on Windows Mobile delivers News to the platform. Great to see Windows get some love!
9 Replies
Do you mean the SharePoint Newsfeed app, as I don't believe there is a SharePoint app for Windows 10 Mobile?
Can you be more specific please?
Apparently there is one SharePoint App for Windows 10 Mobile...strange thing is (and I wonder why) that it's only supported for Windows 10 Mobile and it's not supported for Windows 10 Desktop

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/sharepoint/9nblggh510hb#system-requirements
Actually it is available as a universal app on Windows 10, as I have it ;) Strangely though only the mobile app was updated with News. @Loryan Strant, this is indeed the full News capability as in iOS etc not just the newsfeed.
Find your purchased apps on the Windows Store on the desktop. You should find SharePoint there!
I think it could be just a question of your location...If I look for the app in the store I only see the mobile one and it seems I cannot get the App for installing on my laptop
I'm in the UK not sure why we'd be the special one ;)
Remember to check your apps not directly into the Store
I have done both things...still no luck
OK, Microsoft must have changed something. On a PC where I had never installed the app it no longer appears in My Library. I definitely have it installed on my Surface device though!